Best Conference Finals performances since 1984
Note: As of May 12th
- With the series split at 2 apiece against the 93 Sonics, Charles Barkley had a monster triple double of 43 15 and 10 on 16/22 shooting in 47 minutes. W
- Down 3-2 with Game 6 at Boston, the Miami Heat needed LeBron to have a perfect game, and he did just that. Scoring 45 points very efficiently, out rebounding KG and Pierce 15-12 and dished out 5 asts, the Heat were able to survive and force a Game 7. W
- With 1 win away from reaching the NBA Finals back to back, Hakeem Olajuwon not only locked up David Robinson, but had a great all around game of 39 points, collected 17 rebs, 3 asts and 5 blocks while shooting 64%. W
- Looking to steal Game 3 on the road, the 2003 NBA MVP Tim Duncan not only had 34 points, 24 rebounds, and 6 asts, but he also had 6 blocks as well. W
- With limited help offensively, LeBron James in Game 5 against the 07 Pistons took over and at one point scored 25 of the team’s last 29 points. He was super clutch and finished with 48 points, 9 rebs and 7 asts. W
- In Game 7 of the 93 Western Conference Finals against the Sonics, Charles Barkley was on another level of greatness, scoring 44 points, gobbled 24 rebs and shot 60% was enough to get the win. W
- With Game 1 at Cleveland against Dwight’s Orlando Magic, LeBron James carried the team by dropping 49 points, grabbed rebounds, dished out 8 asts but still took the 1 point loss. L
- Although he’s not known for scoring, Rajon Rondo in Game 2 of the 2012 ECF dropped a playoff career high in pts, grabbed 8 rebs and still assisted on 10 shots, not to mention he shot 16/24 shooting. L
- Looking to tie the series at two apiece, Russell Westbrook erupted against the Spurs in 2014. Scoring 40 points on 50% shooting, grabbed 5 rebounds, dished out 10 asts AND stole the ball 5x. W
- With Game 2 at Oracle Arena, the 2015 NBA MVP runner up James Harden was fantastic all around scoring 38 points, collected 10 rebs and still assisted on 9 shots. L
Honorable mention; Dirk’s 48 points on 12/15 shooting 2011 WCF.
Who did we leave out??
Throwback Thursday: The ten Best Game 1 performances since 1984
Written By Kevin Bertalotto
It doesn’t seem often enough that we see a star player have an amazing game at the very start of a series. Well, these players have certainly made their statement in their first game of that playoff series. Now obviously this list was made as unbiased as possible. Enjoy!
- At number one we have Shaquille O’Neal who had 44 points on 17/32 shooting, 21 rebs and 7 blocked shots in the 01 playoffs vs the Kings. W
- Next up is Tim Duncan in the 03 Finals vs the Nets who finished with 32 pts, 20 rebs, 6 asts, altered 7 shots and shot 11/17. W
- Hakeem Olajuwon made a statement vs the 86 Nuggets when he scored 38 points, grabbed 16 rebs, dished out 4 asts, blocked 6 shots and stole the ball 5x all while shooting 18/27. W
- Once again Shaq made his way to the top 5 but this time his great game was against the 00 Pacers. He had 43 pts, gobbled 19 rebs, blocked 3 shots, had 4 asts and shot 21/31 getting the W.
- In a close loss to the Magic, LeBron James was on another level of greatness, he had 49 points on 20/30 shooting, grabbed 6 rebounds and dished out 8 asts, stole the ball 2x and rejected 3 shots. L
- Vs the Sacramento Kings Shaquille O’Neal once again displayed what individual dominance looks like. The Big Diesel scored 46 points, collected 17 rebs, altered 5 shots and led his team to the win. W
- Brad Daugherty nearly had a triple double with 40, 16 and 9 vs the New Jersey Nets. He got the win and shot good 12/22.
- Karl Malone in this specific game vs the Sonics was spectacular. With 50 points he became 1 of 3 players in history to score 50+ in a Game 1. Along with his 50 pts Karl grabbed 12 rebs, stole the ball 3x and shot 18/32. W
- Going against the heavily favored 01 Lakers on the road the Sixers would need Allen Iverson to have a great game to have a shot. A.I. did not disappoint as he finished the game with 48 points including clutch shots in OT, grabbed 5 rebs, assisted on 6 shots, stole the ball 5x all while shooting 18/41. W
- Barely cracking top 10 is Round Mound the Rebound, Charles Barkley. Versus the Golden State Warriors Charles had a great all around game of 36 points, 19 rebounds, 7 asts, 4 stls on 14/24 shooting. W
Allen Iverson’s 55, 4 and 8 vs 03 NOH. W
Dirk’s 48 pts on 15 shots vs ‘11 OKC. W
Lamarcus A. 46 and 18 vs 2014 HOU. W
Tim D. 40 15 and 7 blks 14/20 vs 03 DAL. L
Pat. Ewing: 36, 16, 8 asts, 6 blks vs 92 CHI. W