Seattle Seahawks: Nonsense Preview
Last Year Summary
- 9-7 Record
- Missed playoffs
- Issues protecting QB
- Unreliable receivers / lack of production out of the backfield
- Jimmy Graham constant disappearance
Key Players/ Players to Watch
- Russell Wilson – 3983 Yards, 586 Rushing Yards, 34 Touchdowns, 3 Rushing TDs, 11 Interceptions.
- Will need another MVP season to keep the Seahawks relevant (but even that may not be enough)
- Skyler Phillips – Center – Rookie – Idaho State University.
- Youngest of 4 centers on the roster, will be getting reps as the Seahawks look for strength on the O-line.
- Griffin Brothers will be the feel good story.
Winning games will depend
- Wilson to have another MVP Season
- Protection from the O-Line
- Doug Baldwin & Tyler Lockett consistent production
- Out of 7 Running backs, some production have to be found.
Nonsense or NonSense!!
Francis: Its nonsense if the Seahawks think that this season will be more than a developing season. They are going to have to survive on feel good stories and player development.
Ryan: It seems like there’s plenty of people doubting the Seahawks this coming year, such as us here at Nonsense Sports, but that could give them motivation to prove everyone wrong and they could maybe sneak into a wild card this year.
What do you think about the Seattle Seahawks??
Watch the video:
Matt Ryan Contract Extension!! Breaking News!! Worth It!!
18 NFL Draft Top 10 Predictions
Written by Francis S Estepan. April 26th, 2018
The NFL draft goes on for what it feels to be weeks even though is only a couple days. Many teams are going to be making moves to see if they can improve from last year. Other teams want to improve 2-3 years from now (you know who you are). With the upcoming draft in a couple days let’s take a look at some possibilities (assuming that no trades happen):
- Cleveland Browns – Saquon Barkley, RB – Everybody is counting on them taking a QB. The Browns are unpredictable, they have won 1 game in the last 2 seasons. But as off recent, they are making moves, they signed Tyrod Taylor (yea, for them, good move). Only Johnson Jr is the only RB coming back from next year. So they draft Barkley, a young RB with great potential and put him next to Carlos Hyde. Steal the Saints playbook they used for Ingram and Kamara. Successful season. Maybe even playoffs.
- New York Giants – Baker Mayfield, RB – Let’s be honest, the Giants were hard to watch last year. Draft wise, regardless what they need, they should take the best player available (Baker Mayfield). There is no defending Eli Manning down trend. If Webb didn’t get a shot when the whole benching fiasco went down, just means that he is not they guy they are looking for. They already have too many running backs on the roster. Lastly, if they are serious about pairing Odell and Dez they are going need a guy that can handle the pressure and sling the ball out there to those guys. Mayfield has the swagger New York needs.
- New Jersey Jets – Josh Rosen, RB – The Jets are hoping that their QB rotation doesn’t add up to be as many as the Browns. Rosen would get what he wants, to be in the spotlight (but not the real spot lights, cause is the Jets) and look like the smartest guy in the room (even if he isn’t). The Jets have 4 QBs on the roster, the only thing between Rosen and the starting job is Bridgewater health. Either way Rosen is injury prone and the Jets have bad luck with QBs. (Imagine the revenues & media attention!! Giants vs Jets!! Mayfield vs Rosen!!
- Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold, QB – Darnold is next years starting QB for the Cleveland Browns (unless somehow Tyrod Taylor can make Super Bowl Miracle happen! Is that possible?). Give Sam practice Reps, a new workout plan, his own dietitian and as much as garbage team as possible. Mix it all well and hope that you have a Dak-Zeke 2.0 combination. Really is all a big “what if” remember they are the Browns.
- Denver Broncos – Josh Allen, QB – Rumors are that John Elway likes this guy. That been the case, then high possibility that he is getting drafted. Case Keenum will need to (also) make miracles happen in Denver if he thinking of staying there long term.
- Indianapolis Colts – Quenton Nelson, OG – This pick is a commitment to Andrew Luck health/ piece of mind. The Colts don’t have much to work with. On the plus side Ballard is already seeing as a better coach than Pagano, simply because he doesn’t have a coaching job. Good luck to pagano on his new “NFL Consultant” position, am sure his biggest advice would be to not let your franchise QB get hurt. I repeat the Colts don’t have much to work with, just getting Luck out on the field would be an accomplishments. (Possible team to be drafting for the 2-3 year plan.)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB – Bucs payed Mike Evans to be an unstoppable target on the offense next to Jameis. Now they get to take care of the defense. Fitzpatrick will be NFL ready after a 3 year college run. Honestly, I would be searching for tapes of him and Evans going at each other during practice.
- Chicago Bears – Tramine Edmunds, LB – The Bears heavily relied on their defense last season. In theory, Mitchell Trubisky is going to keep the offense on the field for a longer period of time (maybe). Edmunds will strengthen and already good defense. Give him the JaDaveon Clowney treatment, no pressure just work on developing and playing the right way.
- San Francisco 49ers. Roquan Smith, LB – 49ers are the hottest team in the NFL right now. Expectations are high for Jimmy & The Gang. Everybody will be looking forward to Sherman in the secondary (he is making the team right?). Smith will fit well into the defensive schemes. And If Jimmy & The Gang work to perfection putting opposing offenses against the wall. Smith could be the X Factor that becomes a nightmare for them.
- Oakland Raiders – Mike McGlinchey, T – so the same logic from the Colts overview applies here, protect your QB. Whether the rumors of the offensive line letting defenses through was true or not, Derek Carr needs to be protected. Gruden got some high expectations to meet with that large paycheck. The Raiders haven’t really made any big time moves and all eyes will be on them.
Draft rant: One the draft starts all mock drafts, predictions are going out the window. As usually it will become a flea market. My only concern or annoyance with the draft is the fact that every team waits tit the last second to announce their pick. So we the viewers get to see 3 minutes of random background phone call rings, players talking to their agents in the room or just random clips of people making phone calls with the caption off “Inaudible Speech”, which is a lie, because if they caught what LeBron said to Lonzo at the end of the game, nothing is impossible nor inaudible.
Back to football, do you Agree or Disagree with the Predictions??
Nonsense Sports 2018 NFL Draft Prediction with Ryan & Francis
We are almost at the NFL Draft, teams are bound to go wild trying to make a better for their franchise while avoiding bust players. Ryan & Francis (the guys from the Youtube Channel!!) make their pics: Check it out!!
- Cleveland Browns
Ryan – Barkley RB – it would be stupid to pass up on Barkley who is clearly the top back in this year’s draft. If the Browns want to be the Browns and screw up, then they’ll draft someone else, if they want to look upward then they need to draft Barkley
Francis – Barkley RB – The Browns need to keep making good moves. Barkley is the smart pick. You already got Tyrod, who is (sometimes) solid and draft comes in with plenty of picks to pick from.
- New York Giants
Ryan – Darnold QB – Giants need a backup and have to look to the future with Eli aging and probably not far from retirement. Train this guy behind Manning and they could have their future QB.
Francis – Mayfield QB – Even Mayfield shop Eli for more picks or assets. If they are really trying to pair up OBJ and Dez they need a young QB with swagger for the boat parties and nights out.
- New York Jets
Ryan – Allen QB – Jets need a ton of help, so why not take a QB as well to try and build for their future.
Francis – Rosen QB – Rosen wants to be the number 1 guy, let him do it with the Jets. I think we should put a bust alert on him.
- Cleveland Browns
Ryan – Mayfield QB – Rarely do you hear a player say they want to play for the Browns, Mayfield in my opinion is the top QB in the draft and has proven the most. He also said he wants to play for them, having Barkley and Mayfield together will be dynamite for the future. They get Barkley and Mayfield they will get at least 5 wins this coming season.
Francis – Darnold QB – Practice reps, workout plan, a new diet and as much garbage time as possible. Will make the Browns look like geniuses next year when he gets the starting job from Tyrod.
- Denver Broncos
Ryan – Rosen QB – This pick I can see traded to either the Cardinals or the Bills. All 3 of these teams could use a QB and hopefully they get their future QB.
Francis – Allen QB – Any time there is a rumor that a GM likes a player he is as good as signed. I don’t think the Broncos have that much confidence in Keenum. If the picks gets traded, Larry Fitzgerald will walk to the mic himself and draft himself a QB that he likes.
- Indianapolis Colts
Ryan – Nelson G – Colts need to protect their future QB especially with his shoulder issues. Top priority is getting the help to protect him.
Francis – Nelson G – If anything that we learned from Pagano is to protect your franchise QB. Hard lesson learned.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ryan – Chubb DE – Put this guy on the line with McCoy and that could be a fantastic d-line right there.
Francis – Fitzpatrick CB – after signing Evans for a long time, Bucs have to focus on defense.
- Chicago Bears
Ryan – Ridley WR – Get your young QB another weapon, have him in with Robinson and White and then you also brought in Trey Burton. Defense was solid last year, offense needs improvement. They’ve done a great job of improving their offense and getting Trubisky weapons, keep it going with Ridley.
Francis – Edmunds LB – Give him the Clowney treatment and have his focus just develop and improve. Already good defense it will only improve and prepare for the long run.
- San Francisco 49ers
Ryan – James S – Build that secondary. You lose one of your safeties during the offseason, bring in the young guy in James who is arguably the best safety in the draft with tons of potential.
Francis – Smith LB – 49ers should draft Smith and start making him in to the next Clowney/ Watt/ Lawrence mixture of linebackers. He needs to become a nightmare.
- Oakland Raiders
Ryan – Fitzpatrick S – Help out your secondary as well and bring in another arguable choice for the best safety in this draft. Fitzpatrick also has tons of potential as well. Raiders look pretty solid on offense so work on that defense and secondary.
Francis – McGlinchey T – Protect your QB. Protect your QB. Protect your QB. Gruden and the Raiders will be the must watch team, if Carr goes down again and Amari Cooper still lost somewhere, it won’t be pretty.