How Impactful Will Brook Lopez Be?
In case you haven’t heard, the Milwaukee Bucks signed former Lakers center Brook Lopez to a 1 yr $3.5 million dollar contract. This signing was interesting because it must have been a really long time since the Bucks had a starting center that can shoot 3s, typically they’re shot blocking role players but with this addition he can help stretch the floor. Although he’s 30, I don’t see him as a mentor/leader something they should get that is also still able to ball, Jason Terry may be a mentor but he’s really near retirement. Back to Brook, shooting 1.5/4.4 on 3s, that is .345% which is the 9th highest of starting Cs minimum of 3 3pt attempts a game. However he was dead last in rebounds per game of all starting Cs minimum of 40 games started.
To emphasize on his 3pt shooting skills, he shot 20/43 on corner 3s which is 46%, wow. On Iso defense he held his man to 29/74 (39%) shooting, contested the 6th most shots of all centers. Overall he isn’t that good at all besides shooting and somewhat rim protection, not a good playmaker, when it comes to rebounding, to be fair he was solid in crunch time last yr shot 50%, will be interesting to see how he’ll fit but I don’t think he could make them much worse.
What do you think about Brook Lopez??
Top 5 Tony Parker performances as a Spur
Note: Although I was a bit disappointed he left San Antonio, he will still be one of my favorite point guards, he’s one of those players who should be respected by all NBA fans.
- On the road against the Minnesota Timberwolves back in 2008, Tony Parker had a career high of 55 points (21 in 4th Q/OT) on 22/36 shooting, grabbed 7 rebounds and dished out 10 assists, this was just enough to get the 4 point win in double overtime. W
- Once again in 2008 Tony had played very well but this time it was in the playoffs vs the Suns. With a chance to take a commanding 3-0 lead Parker dropped 41 points on 17/26 shooting, collected 5 rebounds, assisted on 12 shots as well, this helped San Antonio win by 16. W
- At Atlanta facing Joe Johnson’s Hawks in 2009, TP outplayed everyone by scoring 41 points on 18/25 shooting, pulled down 3 rebs and dropped 10 dimes along with a 10 point win. W
- Versus the 2012 Oklahoma City Thunder in San Antonio, Mr. Parker scored 42 points on 16/29 shooting, grabbed 3 rebounds, had 9 assists as well as a 11 point win. W
- Going up against the rivals Dallas Mavericks in 2009, TP dropped 43 points on 18/29 shooting, collected 5 rebounds, assisted on 3 shots and stole the ball 4x, unfortunately that wasn’t enough to get the W. W
What’s your favorite Tony Parker memory??
10 Best LeBron James Performances as a Cavalier
Note: Although LeBron has Cleveland……again we can’t deny he’s had a lot of amazing performances that
- On November 8th, 2017 against the Washington Wizards, LeBron James was extra special scoring 57 points on 68% shooting, grabbed 11 rebounds, dished out 7 assists and had 17 4th quarter points to make sure no comeback was made by the Wizards. W
- Late in March against the 2018 Toronto Raptors, King James finished the game with 35 points (14 in the 4th Q), 7 rebs and 17 assists while shooting 58%. This amazing all around performance was enough to win by 3. W
- Back in 2010 against Carmelo Anthony’s Nuggets, LeBron scored 45 points including 23 in the 4th Q and OT, gobbled 13 rebounds and dished out 15 assists. Despite all that Camelo hit the game winner on LeBron and gave DEN the win. L
- At Madison Square Garden in 2009, Mr. James delivered the Cavs the win scoring 52 (13 in the 4th Q), collected 9 rebs, assisted on 11 shots and made several clutch buckets. W
- Against the defending champions Golden State Warriors at Oakland, LeBron James against all odds kept it close prior to the Jr Smith incident by dropping a Finals career high of 51 points (15 in the 4th Q and OT), gobbled 8 rebounds and dished out 8 asts. GS took over in overtime and won Game one. L
- After winning Game 1 at Toronto, King James upped his Game 1 performance by dropping 43 points on 19/28 shooting, grabbed 8 rebounds and assisted on 14 shots. W
- Facing off against future teammate Dwyane Wade and the 06 Heat, James was extraordinary at home scoring 47 points (18 in the 4th Q) on 64% shooting, grabbed 12 rebounds and 9 assists.
- At Memphis in 2008, LBJ took over the 4th Q and OT scoring 25 points then, 51 total, gobbled 8 rebounds and dished out 9 assists while shooting 64%. W
- During an overtime win against the Minnesota Timberwolves, LeBron James had a triple dub of 37 points, 10 rebs and 15 asts. Not only did he hit several clutch shots, but also hit the game winner on Jimmy Butler.
- At Oracle Arena against the 73-9 Warriors without Draymond Green a very important player, the Cavs were down 3-1 so LeBron James needed to play exceptional. Not only did he drop 41 points, he also grabbed 16 rebs and assisted on 7 shots. This helped the Cavs majorly in their 15 point victory. W
Now that Jordan is officially gone from the Clippers after playing for them for a decade and will be playing for the Dallas Maverick, it is time to look back at his underrated games being shadowed playing with Paul and Griffin.
1. During this past season at Chi town, Deandre Jordan was spectacular scoring 29 points on 11/12 shooting, gobbled 18 rebounds, dished out 5 assists and got the W.
2. On the road against the Dallas Mavericks back in 2015, Deandre basically had every possible rebound by collecting 27 of them. Besides that he also scored 22 points along with blocking 3 shots. W
3. Once again this season Deandre was exceptional but this time it was at Boston. Against Boston’s great defense he was still able to drop 30 points on 79% shooting, collected 13 rebs and stole the ball 4x. W
4. Versus the 2014 Warriors, Jordan dropped 25 points on 8/10 shooting, gobbled 18 rebounds and altered 4 shots. This helped the Clippers tremendously get the victory.
5. At home vs the 2017 Lakers, Deandre was really dominant by scoring 24 points on 12/13 shooting, grabbed 21 rebounds along with a 16 pt win.
What do you think DeAndre Jordan sign with Dallas?
Better iso player?
Note: Since most Iso stats only go as far as 2016 so that is far as my research will go.
59/134 = 44%
Tov freq = 6.5
EFG% = 47.4
Score freq = 44.4%
Shooting foul freq = 7.2%
159/430 = 37%
Tov freq % = 10.4
EFG% = 43.4
Score freq % = 41.5
Shooting foul freq = 14.8%
149/317 = 47%
EFG % = 53.2
Tov freq % = 4.6
Score freq % = 49.6
Shooting foul freq = 10.6
157/421 = 37.3%
EFG % 45.5%
Tov freq % = 10.3%
Score freq % = 41.1%
Shooting foul freq = 14.1%
81/184 = 44%
EFG = 50.3%
Tov freq = 4.8%
Score freq = 46.2%
Shooting foul freq = 46.2%
251/567 = 44.3%
EFG = 55.2%
Tov freq = 4.7%
Score freq = 51%
Shooting foul freq = 18.2%
Thoughts: In the regular season Kyrie was more EFFICIENT and took care of the ball better, however James Harden with the benefit of superstar treatment was able to draw fouls easier. Still, Kyrie has the edge in most of those categories.
38/104 = 36.5%
EFG % = 40.9%
Tov freq = 3.5%
Score freq = 38.6%
Shooting foul freq = 6.1%
10/20 = 50%
EFG % = 55%
Tov freq = 9.4%
Score freq = 59.4%
Shooting foul freq = 28.1%
59/123 = 48%
EFG % = 56.5%
Tov freq = 7.1%
Score freq = 47.5%
Shooting foul freq = 5.7%
28/61 = 45.9%
EFG % = 56.6
Tov freq = 10.4%
Score freq = 44.2%
Shooting foul freq = 13%
||Did Not Play
68/175 = 38.9%
EFG % = 46.6%
Tov freq = 9.1%
Score freq = 42.3%
Shooting foul freq = 14.5%
Thoughts: Sure Kyrie got less tovs in iso in the playoffs, but Harden scored more on a higher percentage and again his craftiness helped him have a higher chance of getting fouled on isolation plays. Overall in the playoffs I would say Harden was better on iso.