NBA “What If’s & Nonsense
By Francis S Estepan
Today is the last day of the NBA Season. Without a doubt the only important game tonight will be Minnesota Timberwolves Vs Denver Nuggets fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Once that game finishes the playoff matchups will be determined and nonsense predictions will be made. Till then here are some “What if” and some extra Nonsense:
- LeBron James did not want to face the Miami Heat in the playoffs – “You can’t script/fix NBA Games” but you can play like trash and get blown out by a Miami team led by a collection of role players and D-Wade. As great as D-Wade is, he has more value to Miami in terms of legacy than anything else.
- Donovan Mitchell is a true rookie. If Ben Simmons wins Rookie of The Year, the NBA will more than likely think about changing out the whole “Rookie Rule”. Thinking about it, a guy sits out a whole a year but still gets access to everything else team wise?
- New Celtics Same Old Kyrie. I hate injuries as much as any other player, fan or just spectator but is just hard not to notice that Kyrie, as valuable and talented as he is, hasn’t played 82 games in his career.
- I wonder how mad the Memphis Grizzlies GMs and back office became once the Phoenix Suns accomplished their mission of getting the worse record in the NBA.
- The Warriors can’t win without Curry. KD has been great but according to the numbers without Curry this team could struggle to come out the 1st If the Warriors don’t make out the 1st round, do they get rid of KD? Or just kickback and wait for their real leader? The REAL question is if the Warriors had to choose between Curry and KD who do they keep?
- Who are the real Dark Horses in each conference?
- OKC – But not really. How did Billy Donovan performed so bad with this roster or should we blame it on Westbrook hero ball
- Spurs – No Kawhi, no problem. Other not winning 50 games, it can be said it was successful season. Remember the beat Houston last year
- Jazz – Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell only have one job each. Gobert – Defense. Mitchell – Offense.
- Heat – If every game came down to a last second shot and D-Wade was shooting the ball, that was the game plan.
- Philly – Let’s be honest by now, we all “Trust the Process”, but championships? Wait? Hold Up? Would that complete the process?
- Cavaliers – Lebron James is the fiery Dark Horse in the East.
- When did we all decided to ignore the Blazers & Pelicans as possible contenders??
- What if somebody other than the Warriors, Rockets, Raptors or Cleveland wins the CHAMPIOSHIP? Would that be a good twist??