10 best off the bench PERFORMANCES since 1984 ( regular season)
Written by Kevin Bertalotto, March 15, 2018.
Every now and then a bench player kills it, but despite a great game, it gets forgotten over time, so let’s go look at the best games off the bench.
- On the road against the Denver Nuggets back in 2005, Darius Miles played a very well all around game of 47 points, 12 rebounds, 4 steals, 5 blocks and shot 58%. L
- At number two we have the man himself Larry Bird in 1985 who had a double double of 47 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and shot 48%. L
- At Memphis, Lou Williams scored 40 points, assisted on 10 shots, stole the ball 4x and shot 12/19. W
- In 1994 Nick Anderson dropped 50 points shooting 17/25 against the New Jersey Nets. W
- Nate Robinson at 5’9 had the heart of a lion, especially during this game against the Atlanta Hawks which he scored 41 points, grabbed 6 rebounds and dished out 8 asts all on 18/24 shooting. W
- In 32 minutes against the Toronto Raptors, Manu Ginobili finished the game with 36 points, 4 rebounds, assisted on 8 shots, and stole the ball 4x. W
- Playing only 30 minutes, J.R. Smith against the Sacramento Kings dropped 45 points on 59% shooting. W
- During his last year as a Thunder, James Harden vs the Phoenix Suns had 40 points, collected 7 rebs and stole the ball 4x and shot 71%. W
- At Toronto in 2012, Jamal Crawford finished the game with 37, 3, and 11 assists on 52% shooting. W
- Rodrigue Beaubois of the Dallas Mavericks in just 30 minutes had 40 8 and 3 on 15/22 shooting. W