NBA Nonsense: The Western Conference
The NBA All Star break is just about over and the real race for the playoff will begin (for some teams). With only about 25 games left for most teams the debate “To Tank or Not to Tank” begins. So here are some nonsense predictions and expectations for each of the NBA Teams for the final half of the season. Let’s Begin
- Golden State Warriors (currently 2) 44-14 – Steph, KD, Klay and Green will take back the number 1 seed in the West. Steve Kerr will make sure that they have home court advantage. 24 Games left!! You better believe that every player in this team has a countdown to when “real basketball” starts. Other than playing OKC twice the scheduled for the Warriors does not look challenging at all. Ending record 64-18
- Houston Rockets (Currently 1) 44-13– When Harden, CP3 and Capela play the rockets are almost unbeatable 28-1 to be more exact. But the final 25 games for this team won’t be that easy. Even going 28-1 with their big 3, they don’t play so hot when they are missing one or the other (or most importantly Chris Paul). Eric Gordon is once again will be an X-factor. Maybe just nonsense or maybe just me but this Houston team has not ran into any troubles at all (other than injuries). Did you know this team leads the league in 3 pointers made, that’s nonsense!! Ending record 62-20
- Minnesota Timberwolves (Currently 4) 36-25 – So what if Jimmy Couldn’t close out the Bulls on his returned back home? Can you really stop LeBron James when the game is on the line? Thibs got the Wolves rolling into the playoffs scarier than ever. This team may not be a championship but they are not going down without a fight. Who knows maybe Wiggins will decide to show up and take over a game or 2. The Wolves are a wild card team, seriously anything could happen. Ending record 52-30
- Oklahoma City Thunder (Currently 5) 33-26 – Who is the most emotional team in the NBA? The Thunder. Which team seems to completely dominate the Warriors? The Thunder. Which team is able to play with any top team in the NBA and then go out and lose to a weak team the next day? The Thunder. Who cares if you have loses to the Suns and Lakers, the Thunder seem to have the edge over the Warriors. Ending Record 50-32
- Denver Nuggets (Currently 6) 32-26 – The Nuggets can shoot. Or better yet, they don’t know when to stop shooting. The Nuggets seem to have found the common piece between Houston and Golden State and that is to shoot. Paul Millsap is not even back and this team is holding on (by a thread) to their playoff spot. They start out a game against the Spurs, who they beat a couple days ago. If they can keep on shooting and winning out those 50-50 games this could make some noise in the playoffs Ending record 48-34
- San Antonio Spurs (Currently 3) 35-24 – Popovich will continue his legacy of making the playoffs for another consecutive year. Let’s be honest, without Leonard any hope of championship is out of the window. Popovich is a hall of famer coach and if anybody can make a deep playoff run with this team (or what’s left off it) is him. If you think they have a chance please contact me. Should Kawhi really be hassle for taking the time off? if he is not ready, he is not ready. Ending Record 47-35
- New Orleans Pelicans (Currently 8) 31-26 – As long as Anthony Davis is putting up NBA 2k18 MyCareer/ MyPlayer numbers this team will make the playoffs. Davis is finally healthy and finally becoming the player that we all thought he could be years ago. If he stays healthy, he should be in serious conversations involving him and the MVP trophy. Ending Record 46-36
- Portland Trail Blazers (Currently 7) 32-26 – When Lillard is feeling it everybody will know. When he catches fire, the team knows it and they will keep feeding him they ball and they should. Chucking or not!! Blazers will only benefit from either CJ or Lillard feeling their shot. If you think 8th is not a good spot!! Then you should have seen how inspired and motivated Lillard played against the Warriors!! This could be a potential upset!! If you believe in feel good story, this could be yours.
- 8.5 – Utah Jazz – Personally, I hope that I am wrong about the Utah Jazz game staying out of the playoffs. Currently on 11 game winning streak. Donovan Mitchell has his eyes on Rookie of the Year. Rudy Gobert has to stay on the floor for a real chance. Ricky Rubio Aka Mr. StealYaGirl with the slick hair has develop an unbelievable (reliable) jumper. The team is flowing right now. Better yet the team is Jazzing.
Rest of the West in the no particular order
- Los Angeles Clippers – Should have done a better job at getting rid of DeAndre Jordan. Maybe it shouldn’t have been such a surprised that they traded away Blake Griffin, because really who would want DeAndre Jordan. Am pretty sure after what he pulled when the Mavericks were trying to deal for him just kind of blacklisted himself among front offices. Lou Williams and Tobias Harris are having career seasons that will go unnoticed due to playing with for this Clipper teams. Doc will miss the good old days where his team was known as lob city or a west contender or just a good team overall. The Clippers are not really that fallen off the radar but is just hard to look at the team and not wonder what’s going on.
- Los Angeles Lakers – Do you guys remember when the Clipper were actually better than the LA Lakers? It was short lived and those days are over. Lonzo, Ingram, KCP, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac (should be getting more playing time, tilt then get over it) that is scary line up of young guys. Whether PG13 comes in next year, whatever happens with IT, if LeBron also comes over the Lakers are already on the path to being great. Magic at some point in time will have to decide whether to fully cut off Lavar Ball or just put him on the payroll. P.s. he is already on the payroll.
- Memphis Grizzles – unfortunately there is nothing positive about this team. They had their good days and now it seems like they will be falling for a while. 7 straight losses going in to the 2nd half the season. Injuries have taken over the locker room. Their best players are Marc Gasol and Tyreke Evans (which is just sad). Tyreke Evans succeeds in bad situations or bad teams but is will not be consider reliable enough to play for a good team.
- Sacramento Kings – the future is bright. I don’t think it involves Iman Shumpert at all unfortunately. But the Kings have a lot to look forward to for the future. They pretty much clear out the whole locker room. Now all they are missing is a new a coach and a new front office. Vlade Divac may still be having DeMarcus Cousins nightmares but with a young new roster everybody seems to have (almost) forgotten those days.
- Dallas Mavericks – Is sad that the biggest news regarding the Dallas Mavericks are negative one. Dennis Smith Jr has been playing great. Dirk is still shooting lights out. Nerlens Noel is playing basketball. And The Mavericks are the Mavericks. But nothing really positive is going on here. They will be fine. they are the Dallas Mavericks who happen to made some mistakes. How much off it is on Cuban or the organization that is to be determined.
- Phoenix Suns – They need to do everything they can to keep Devin Booker happy. KEEP BOOKER HAPPY. DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER. KEEP BOOKER HAPPY. DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER.KEEP BOOKER HAPPY. DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER.KEEP BOOKER HAPPY. DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER DEVIN BOOKER.